In this 4 part course I’ll show you how to build a searchable UITableView using iOS 9.1 and Xcode 7.1.
- Part 1 will talk you through how to build a UITableView with dummy data
- In Part 2 I’ll show you how to use a UISearchController to display a second table view
- In Part 3 we’ll discuss how to filter results using an NSPredicate
- And in Part 4 we’ll see how to communicate those search results to the second table view via KVO.
The whole course is about 50 minutes long, and I’ll explain details step by step. All code is Objective-C, and the the full project I’m building is available on GitHub.
Sounds interesting? Join me now and I’ll see you on the other side 😉
Here’s the code I’ve built during the screencast. As promised, I’ve also implemented the UISearchControllerDelegate methods – just in case you need them:
- How to use Key-Value Observing in Objective-C
The Apple Class References aside, I’ve also put together written instructions on how to create this project in my next article. If you prefer written instructions, go check it out here – it covers the same steps as these videos 🙂Watch the full course in one convenient playlist:
Catch this episode on my iOS Dev Diary Podcast: