Lew from Unbox Therapy says iOS 12.0.1 fixes that spurious random non-charging issue, appropriately dubbed ChargeGate. I’m glad the issue has been fixed, although Apple does not officially acknowledge that there even was a problem.
From the Upgrade Dialogue:
iOS 12.0.1 brings performance improvements and exciting new features to iPhone and iPad.
- Photos introduces new features to help you rediscover and share the photos in your library
- Memoji—a new, more customizable Animoji—make Messages more expressive and fun.
- Screen Time helps you and your family understand and make the most of the time spent on devices
- Siri Shortcuts deliver a faster way to get things done with the ability for any app to work with Siri
- augmented reality becomes even more engaging with the ability for developers to create shared AR experiences
- and new privacy features help protect you from being tracked on the web.
For information on the security content of Apple software updates, please visit this website: